Veneers are wafter-thin coverings made of porcelain that go over another surface. Veneers are strong and replace natural tooth enamel. When your New York City and Larchmont, NY, dentist bonds veneers to your natural teeth. Like natural tooth enamel, veneers are translucent and tough, but don't stain like tooth enamel does.
Veneers are thin which is means you don't have to worry about your teeth protruding. Your New York City and Larchmont , NY, doctor removes some enamel from the surface of your teeth to prevent the protrusion, but this process is permanent.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
What are some limitations of porcelain veneers?
Veneers are not a good option if your teeth are significantly misaligned. In that case, orthodontic treatment may be necessary. Veneers may not be the best option if you suffer from severe dental trauma and decay.
What are some of the advantages of veneers?
- Size and Shape: Some people are born with irregularly-shaped teeth, pointed ends, or too small. Teeth are also worn down over time due to teeth-grinding (bruxism). Whatever the reason is, you can make custom veneers that'll have the shape and size that'll give you a great smile.
- Alignment and Spacing: Sometimes people have gaps between their teeth that need closing. If you have minor gaps and misaligned, slightly crooked teeth, veneers can help conceal those issues, while providing teeth with a beautiful color and shape.
What do you need to do in order to care for your veneers?
- Gently brush and floss your teeth every day.
- Regular checkups at the dental office.
- Don't exert too much pressure on veneers.
- Use custom-made night guard to protect veneers.
Are you in need of a consultation?
If you want a smile makeover, call your doctor at (212) 986-2287 for the office in New York City, NY, and (914) 834-9534 for the office in Larchmont, NY, to learn more about veneers!