What your dentist in New York City and Larchmont, New York, wants you to know
Laser technology has revolutionized dentistry, making dental procedures easier, faster and with better results than ever before. Before lasers, dentists used noisy, slow drills for dental treatment. Now, thanks to modern technology, you no longer have to sit for hours hearing the sound of the drill. Laser dentistry has many benefits which can’t be matched by conventional drills. Joel F. Levy D.D.S. - Laser Assisted - Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry located in New York City and Larchmont, New York wants to share what laser dentistry can do for you and your smile.
Dr. Levy uses lasers for diagnostic procedures including:
- Detecting decayed areas in crevices and pits which are too small to be detected with conventional tools
- Oral cancer screening, to detect lesions and other tissue abnormalities in difficult and dark areas
- Using lasers in diagnostics means early detection, resulting in early treatment and a better health outcome.
Dr. Levy also uses lasers for soft tissue treatments including:
- Tissue recontouring, to reshape excess tissue, resulting in a better smile
- Periodontal therapy, to treat deep periodontal pockets by killing bacteria hiding deep in your tissue
- Using lasers for soft tissue treatments is more conservative than conventional surgery, resulting in less tissue removal. This means less discomfort and downtime for you.
Lasers are also used for hard tissue treatments including:
- Decay removal, resulting in more thorough decay removal, providing a better outcome and longer lasting filling
- Preparing a tooth for a filling, resulting in less tooth structure removal
- Using lasers for hard tissue procedures means more of your vital tooth structure is left intact, lessening the trauma to your tooth.
Laser dentistry can change the way you feel about visiting the dentist. Lasers are quiet, so you won’t have to hear a noisy drill. Lasers are also more comfortable, which reduces your healing time. To find out more about lasers and additional technology used by Dr. Levy, please visit the technology page on his website at http://www.21stcenturydentist.com/library/7755/Technology.html
You owe it to yourself and your smile to discover what laser dentistry can do for you. Call Joel F. Levy D.D.S. - Laser Assisted - Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry with offices in New York City and Larchmont, New York. Call today to find out more!