Important Message From Dr. Levy
We hope this note finds you and your family well. As you know, our office has been closed due to COVID 19 pandemic as per governmental mandate. The latest information from Governor Cuomo as of 4/27/2020 is that businesses will start to open in phases which will trickle down from the lowest affected areas to the most affected areas, where we are located. I would like to think that businesses will prepare for an early June opening, but that remains fluid. Please understand that your safety and well being is our number one priority.
That being said, we would like to let you know the preparations we are making prior to reopening as soon as the Governor and ADA declare it appropriate. We are looking forward once again to providing you with all of your dental needs and continuing to be a member of your healthcare team.
We are making a number of changes to the office and systems to ensure the safety of our patient and staff.
1. We are modifying our check-in procedure. When you make your appointment you will receive paperwork by email to fill out electronically. This information will be sent directly to your patient charts as we are aiming to be an entirely paperless office. When you arrive at the office, we will ask you to call us from the parking lot. We will ask you to wait in your car until the treatment room is available for you. It should be close to your appointment time.
2. Please come to your appointment alone unless you are accompanying a minor or a person in need of mobility assistance. This is done in order to prevent people from coming in contact with each other between appointments.
3. The office has always subscribed to a high level of infection control as recommended by the ADA, CDC and OSHA. However, we are going one step above recommended protocols. All surfaces will be sanitized and covered to make sure there is no cross-contamination between patients.
4. We will install barriers between patients and staff to make sure everyone has a safe and protected space.
5. We have invested in an external suction apparatus (ESA) which although is not mandated, will greatly reduce any aerosols produced during treatment.
6. Our dental chairs will be overlaid with a protective barrier that will be replaced, as part of our regular disposables protocol, between every patient.
7. All staff will be wearing scrubs and footwear for office-only use. In addition we will be wearing disposable surgical gowns and face shields to protect patients and staff.
8. As before, we continue to autoclave all instruments, drills and any items placed in contact with patients.
9. We will allow for extra time in every appointment for additional clean up and sanitizing of the treatment area.
10. On the morning of your appointment, we will ask you to take your temperature and if its greater than 100.4 degrees or if you have any symptoms of illness, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment for the safety of our staff and all patients.
11. Upon your arrival, we will take your temperature with an infrared thermometer and we will ask that you sanitize your hands.
During this interim period of time, we will continue to provide emergency consultation by phone or email and provide any necessary referrals to our partner specialists.
We appreciate your cooperation during this difficult time. We must all continue to work together for your call benefit as well as the benefit of the community to make sure you are safe and minimize the potential of spreading the disease to your family and friends.
Please rest assured that by working together, your appointment will go smoothly and safely.
Things are in a great state of flux at this time and there may deletions of additions that we will act upon as deemed necessary.
We are looking forward to seeing your smiling faces! We hope you and your family stay well.